Disputes often arise in relation to the finances or welfare of a patient who lacks mental capacity. When such disputes arise they will need to be dealt with by the Court of Protection.
Our specialist solicitors can assist with a Court of Protection dispute. We act both for those bringing an application before the Court of Protection and anyone who wants to oppose an application where they think it is not in the best interests of the individual concerned.
Our team of Court of Protection solicitors includes lawyers who specialise in litigation alongside those that deal with the non-contentious areas of practice. We offer advice and representation across a broad range of issues and disputes, including:-
- Objections to the appointment of an Attorney under a Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA) or an Enduring Power of Attorney (EPA)
- Objections to the appointment of a proposed Deputy
- Disputes where it is alleged that an Attorney or Deputy is not acting in the person’s best interests
- Challenges to the conduct of a Deputy or Attorney
- Challenges to the validity of a LPA or an EPA on the basis that the person lacked capacity to make the Power
Court of Protection Lawyers provide a FREE legal helpline. So if you are involved in an Attorney dispute, a Deputy dispute or a Court of Protection dispute then give us a call on 0808 139 1606 or email us at [email protected]