Applications to the Court of Protection

Applications to the Court of Protection to appoint a deputy

Applications to the Court of Protection for a deputy to be appointed must be supported by a medical certificate confirming that the person no longer has the mental capacity to manage their affairs.

The application must include details of the assets held by the person who has lost mental capacity.

Further forms must be completed and submitted which provide details of the type of court order being applied for and details of the proposed deputy so that the court can assess their suitability.

A deputy can be a family member or close friend or may be a professional deputy such as a solicitor.

Other applications to the Court of Protection

We are also able to make applications to the court on a range of other legal issues, including:

How we can assist you

Our specialist lawyers can prepare and submit applications to the Court of Protection.

We can help you to become appointed as a deputy yourself, ensuring that all relevant information and documents are provided so as to enable the court to reach a decision.

Our solicitors can also act as professional deputies.

We can also make any other applications that are required.

The legal cost of a court application will be recoverable from the estate of the person who has lost capacity. Although the Court of Protection charges a fee, we will consider whether you are eligible for a court fee exemption or reduction.

For free initial advice on applying to the Court of Protection give us a call on 0808 139 1606 or email us at [email protected]

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.